Fake blood, nothing could go better with Halloween than this! There are quite a few ways to make fake blood. You can of course buy it from here (vampire fake blood), but if you choose to make it, here is an awesome recipe that is even edible! That’s right, you can eat this stuff! Be careful, because it does stain. Enough bugging us already, just in time for Halloween we’ve created this edible fake blood recipe for you.
Edible Fake Blood Recipe
Making fake blood is relatively easy, and can be done with a few simple household ingredients. You’ll want to go out and purchase the following items below if you don’t currently have them in your pantry or Kitchen.
- 4 cups Corn Syrup (about the size of a 32 fluid ounce bottle)
Corn syrup is made from the sweet sugars from corn. It is basically a fructose and glucose sugar mixture, with different ratios of each depending on type of corn syrup and brand/product you purchase. The Karo brand above is what we used in our test.
- 3 Tbsp (tablespoon) Red Food ColoringRed food coloring is a FDA approved food safe color additive. This is what will give the ‘blood’ it’s red bloodiness. More or less with create a more or less vivid shade of red.
- One Mixing BowlThis is where you can mix the awesomeness, and use it to dole out your disgusting and realistic stickiness of bloood. It will also help contain the mess so your family members won’t get too upset of ruining the kitchen counters.
- A Handheld Mixer or WhiskTo assist with the mixing of awesomeness, and so you don’t prematurely get it all over your hands or clothes. Although not added here either, gloves might help out a lot as well.
- Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)Cocoa powder helps darken the blood, while also providing a great thickness factor to it as well. The most commonly known brand in the US is hershey’s chocolate, which we’ve included above. Also, you can use Corn Starch as a replacement thickening agent.
Creating the fake blood is a relatively easy and straight forward process. You’ll want to scoop out about 4 cups of corn syrup (full 32 ounce bottle) and add it to the bowl – you don’t even need to measure it. Mix with your whisk incorporating a few drops of the red food coloring. Is it as red as you like it? No, add more, if yes, then stop there! Now, mix in the Cocoa Powder to desired consistency, and voila! You’re all set. Now what should you do with it?
Fake Blood Pranks To Pull:
This fake blood that you’ve created is awesome. It is edible, it’s the color and consistency of real blood, and you can cause some real havoc with it! You can put it on your face and run around in public. You can pretend to throw up with some of it oozing from your mouth. It’s even a great addition to your costume on Halloween! Vampires, zombies, gunshot victims, or even murderers – whatever you are this Halloween, this quick and easy recipe is enough for you and your friends to enjoy and maybe even have as a treat!
Stay tuned for our video recipe to show all you visual learners how we roll!